Sunday, June 12, 2011
Egypt anybody?
Summer in Egypt was mystical and breathtaking all at once. Again, another place I've been to that requires Americans to have their own bodyguards. The temperatures soar well into the 100-teens, yet the sand is cold. It's so white that it reflects the sun. The tombs are ice cold and spoooky! Children bum rush you asking for pens and paper, which I had a healthy supply of. The Egyptians do not shake hands and consider it offensive to offer them yours. Why? Well, um..how can I put this delicately? Lack of toilet paper? Yup, they use their left hands to wipe with! Ewwww! I was invited to a commoners home for dinner. The guests are served first followed by the men then the children then the wife. And all remain standing until it's their time to eat. Yummy! Looks like chicken, sweet, I'm starved! That was yummy, what was it exactly? Pigeon? Not bad, may I have another? Camel is also super tasty and blows Angus right out of the water. Those marks on the camels? They mean they are going to market for slaughter. I spent a wonderful month in Egypt, toured the Saraha on camel, took a cruise down the nile, and then to Alexandria. I would go back in a heart beat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment