I always loved taking road trips. More often than not it was to our dear sister to the south, Mexico! On this one particular journey I kidnapped my friend in the dead of night and took her along with me. She had never left Texas and it was about to be the time of her life. After crossing the border near Del Rio we stopped at the first cantina we came to. The drinks were marvelous as was the bartender. Her teeth had been bothering her so our next stop was to a Mexican dentist we found along the way to the Chihuahua mountain range.
She got her wisdom teeth pulled and we set off on our journey with a fist full of prescriptions and a few teeth lighter. Looking back, I am amazed that she didn’t contract some crazy disease. Now for some shopping in Acunua. I bought an insane amount of pots and loaded them into the bed of my truck. This presented a small problem once we stopped to do some more exploring. Thankfully you can pretty much get anyone to do anything when a few American greenbacks are involved. You can even get a police man to watch your truck until you get back…which so happened to be the next day. Surprisingly, not only was my truck still there but so was the cop sitting on my tailgate waiting for us! Nice!!! The previous night we ran into a limo driver and decided to rent the limo for the night. With the drive thru daiquiri and margarita shops and all night disco techs, it’s no wonder we forgot our supplies in the trunk...No worries. Eventually we had enough fun and decided to head back to the states. Along the way we saw a pathetic horse on the side of the road caught up in some wire and rope. No water or owners in sight, I decided to help the poor beast out. I then took it to the nearest house, 6 miles away, where I found the owners. They said they didn’t want it and had turned it lose. They then asked me if I wanted it. Well if I had brought my trailer I would have saved the poor girl. That’s me, always rescuing animals...But then that’s another story...
No comments:
Post a Comment